How Can You Help?
Being in hospital can be a difficult time for everyone; family, friends and patients, so it’s important we try to help as much as we can to encourage nutritional support in aid of recovery.
Listed below are a few things you can do to support your loved ones whilst in hospital:
- Encourage the importance of meal times as part of the patient care and treatment
- Communicate with the patient and staff on progress with meals
- Provide additional information on patients meal time routine at home
- Help with eating and drinking if needed while visiting
- Provide likes and dislikes for food and drink to ward staff.