Raising a concern - your first step

If you have a concern or wish to complain about your care or the treatment of a relative, please raise this with a member of staff in the hospital who is providing care to the patient.

This might be a nurse or midwife, doctor or health worker. They should be able to resolve this directly with you or find someone to help you.

If you are still not satisfied, our Patient Relations Team provides free, confidential on the spot advice to help you identify and resolve your concerns.

They will liaise with Trust colleagues or refer you to the most appropriate person on a ward or clinical area, provide you with information on NHS services, direct you to an independent advocate for support and advise you how to make a formal complaint if required.

Contact them directly:

  • By telephone on either 01253 955588 or 01253 955589
  • Or write to: Patient Relations, Blackpool Victoria Hospital, Whinney Heys Rd, Blackpool FY3 8NR

Alternatively, use one of the two buttons below to tell about your experience in more detail:

If you need independent help you can contact your local Advocacy Service for advice and assistance

Blackpool Postcode (FY1, 2, 3, 4) – Empowerment Advocacy Service

Other Lancashire Postcode area – N-compass

Please note we will need your consent to discuss your case with your advocate.