At Blackpool Teaching Hospitals, we're proud to offer a wealth of diverse career opportunities. With more than 350 different roles, our organisation provides a variety that's hard to find elsewhere.
What sets us apart is that many of these roles don't necessitate a degree, aren't directly patient-facing, and don't involve hands-on clinical work.
Whether you're on the front lines or working behind the scenes, each role plays a vital part in contributing to the well-being of patients, their families, and the community. It's a reminder that everyone, regardless of their specific role, can make a meaningful difference.
At Blackpool Teaching Hospitals, we recognise and celebrate the unique skills and contributions of each team member.
From administrative positions to specialised functions, each person is an essential part of our commitment to delivering excellent healthcare.
So, no matter your role, you're contributing to the positive impact we make on the lives of others in our community.
We value the expertise of allied health professionals. These individuals play a crucial role in patient care and recovery. Our hospital employs professionals such as:
- Physiotherapists: Helping patients regain mobility and function
- Occupational therapists: Focusing on enhancing daily living skills
- Speech and language therapists: Assisting with communication and swallowing disorders
- Radiographers: Conducting essential diagnostic imaging
- Pharmacists: Ensuring safe and effective medication management
- Dietitians: Promoting nutrition and dietary health
Our hospital thrives thanks to the dedication of various support roles, including:
- Healthcare assistants: Providing direct patient care and support
- Administrative staff: Managing records, scheduling, and ensuring smooth operations
- Porters: Assisting with patient transport and hospital logistics
- Housekeeping: Maintaining a clean and safe environment
- Catering staff: Ensuring patients receive nutritious meals
In addition to doctors, we have a range of specialised clinical professionals:
- Consultants: Experts in various medical fields, leading patient care
- Clinical psychologists: Focusing on mental health and well-being
- Anaesthetists: Administering anaesthesia for surgeries and procedures
- Pathologists: Diagnosing diseases through laboratory analysis
Behind the scenes, we have dedicated professionals in healthcare management and administration:
- Hospital administrators: Overseeing operations and budgets
- Quality improvement specialists: Enhancing patient care and safety
- HR and recruitment: Attracting and retaining top talent
- Finance and accounting: Managing hospital finances
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals is committed to advancing healthcare through research and education:
- Researchers: Conducting groundbreaking medical studies
- Medical educators: Training the next generation of healthcare professionals
Our hospital embraces technology with roles such as:
- IT specialists: Supporting our digital infrastructure
- Biomedical engineers: Maintaining medical equipment