What should I do if I have a planned procedures or outpatient appointments?

If you have a hospital appointment during this time, you should attend as normal unless we get in touch to tell you otherwise.

What should I do if me or someone I know needs urgent medical care?

Regardless of any strike action, it is really important that patients who need urgent medical care continue to come forward as normal, especially in emergency and life-threatening cases - that is, when someone is seriously ill or injured, or their life is at risk.

This is information about when to call 999 and this is information about when to go to A&E.

Further information on strike action can be found on the NHS website here.

If you need medical care

If you need medical care or advice, please call the NHS 111 helpline or visit NHS 111. Please contact NHS 111 if:

  • You need medical help fast, but it's not a 999 emergency
  • You don't know who to call for medical help or you don't have a GP to call
  • You think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service; or
  • You require health information or reassurance about what to do next

There is more information about getting medical help on our who can help best pages.

We will keep this page updated with the latest information.